Not sure what program is right for you? Click Here

© 2011. All Rights Reserved.

Gap Year Abroad

8 posts from November 2012


A Tale of Three Thanksgivings

Although I wasn’t home for thanksgiving, I celebrated it three times. It really wasn’t the same though. I was really missing my family, and all of my friends since everyone was home from school. But I ate some great food and shared some great company.

 My first thanksgiving was with UVM. It was at a restaurant in Viña. It was actually an international dinner, since not everyone who attends UVM is American. It was a potluck and everyone made a dish from his or her home country so there was food from all over the world. I spent most of the day in the kitchen baking snickerdoodles. I had planned to make pumpkin snickerdoodles, but pumpkin does not exist in Chile so I settled for regular snickerdoodles, but they were still a hit. Everyone loved them, especially my host family. My host brother kept coming into the kitchen while I was baking asking if he could have just one more please.

 Even though there was a lot of good looking food, like enchiladas, a giant chocolate cake, delicious looking salad, and much more, I didn’t get to try a good deal of it and here’s why.

The table with the food on it was basically a large square. It was covered in many different types of dishes, but there was nothing to serve the food with. When it was finally time to eat after sitting through several long speeches, everyone jumped up at the same time. Since I had a second dinner, my friends and I had asked Carlos if we could get our food first. He had said yes, but when we got up to serve ourselves, everyone followed. I soon found myself surrounded by Mexicans who were grabbing as much food as they could, regardless of the fact that there was nothing to cut most of the platters with, but that didn’t stop them. They weren’t afraid to use their hands. So I stood in the corner for about 10 minutes and grabbed what I could. I finally escaped and just went to my seat. I had managed to get about three things. Most of the other people at my table hadn’t faired much better. One person’s plate was full of dessert; he claimed that was all he could reach. Hannah had actually done pretty well, since she was able to move positions.

Food table

After eating a burrito that was mostly filled with guacamole and some mysterious looking German dish, I decided to head back in to see what else I could get. This time I was able to grab a P.B. and J, along with some yummy desserts.

After eating and watching the classic slideshow with sentimental music that is always played at farewell dinners, Mel, Hannah, Maddy, and I headed to Valpo for our CIEE thanksgiving.

This was a much more traditional thanksgiving and there was even Turkey. It was much more formal, and not nearly as fun.

My third thanksgiving was the following night with my host family. I had to go to the CIEE office around 3 to do my final presentation and I didn’t arrive home until around 6:30. When I did arrive home, it was to find my host mom hard at work in the kitchen. She had already made a lemon pie, as well as her version of a pumpkin pie (she had bought squash and made a pie out of that). She had also made stuffing which she asked me how to stuff in the chicken (we hade decided to have chicken since I told her I liked that better because turkey always turns out dry). I told her that I had no idea since I was never the one who made thanksgiving dinner. But we managed, and after figuring out how to fit both chickens in the oven my host mom went to take a nap and I set the table and we waited for everyone to arrive.

My host mom had invited her mom, and one of her co-workers; unfortunately both of them were unable to make it. But my host sibling’s dad came, as well as my older brother. To start the meal we had squash soup, although we all pretended it was pumpkin. My mom had even made some delicious gravy, which my host siblings were a bit weary of.

 When it came time for dessert, my sister and I were the only ones brave enough to try the squash pie. It actually wasn’t bad, it just tasted nothing like pumpkin pie. The crust was especially good though, since my mom had made it herself. I had some friends over to finish the pie the next day since no on else in my family wanted to eat it.

Although it wasn’t the same as being home, my mom had put so much effort into everything, I couldn’t help feeling loved and very thankful for the time I have gotten to spend in Chile.


Surf's Up

            Last weekend Mel, Hannah, Maddy and I decided to rent a cabana in Maitencillo for a night. We had been looking for something to do over the weekend, and it was recommended in the CIEE guidebook, so we decided why not.

            It was super easy to catch a bus. We had a CIEE class with Alejandro in Valpo so we just stayed there and took a bus that said Maintencillo.

            Before getting on the bus we headed to Lider to buy some things for dinner. We decided to make pasta with pesto sauce. We also bought some cereal and a few snacks. Buy the time we were finished buying everything, our hands were full and we could barely find room on the bus for all of our stuff. Luckily it was only about an hour and a half ride. Too bad we had no idea where to get off, so we ended up getting off a bit early.

            The only thing we did have was the phone number of the man we were renting a cabana from. However, when we called him he didn’t answer his phone. There was a restaurant right next to where the bus had dropped us off, so we decided to ask someone who worked there for directions. We gave the waitress the name of the street where our cabana was located and she said she knew where it was, but that it was kind of far to walk, so she would ask her boss if she could get off work and drive us there.

            We were all really surprised by this. The woman left and about five minutes later came back and said her boss had given her permission to drive us. We all piled into her car and on the way, Hannah called the cabana owner and this time he answered. The waitress asked to speak with him, so Hannah handed her the cell phone and she talked with him and received directions. She was told to go to a blue house. We were able to find the house and when we knocked on the door a young girl answered. Apparently she was supposed to give us the key. When she asked us what cabana we were staying in we all just looked at each other. So she went to check and then gave us the key.

            The cabana was absolutely adorable. It had a small kitchen, two bedrooms, a living room and a bathroom. Once we arrived we started making dinner. Although we realized we were lacking a few things, such as salt for the pasta, and butter, we managed and the dinner turned out quite well.

             The next day I had to go for a 12 mile run because I’m training for a marathon. Not sure if I mentioned that or not. I ran along the street next to the beach and got to see the whole town. It really was adorable and had a really relaxed feeling to it. It actually reminded me a lot of Amagansett.

            After my run Hannah and I walked down to the beach to meet Felipe and Matias, two of Hannah’s Chilean friends. They took us to a restaurant where we shared some chorillanas. This was actually my first time eating chorillanas. It is basically French fries with some type of meat and a fried egg on top. These chorillanas were a bit different and had no egg, and one of them was with seafood, and the other was some sort of meat and guacamole.

            After eating we headed to the beach to do some surfing. Felipe is a surf instructor so we got some free lessons, which was awesome. Although I rented a wetsuit, I got cold pretty quickly. It was still really fun though, although it was really hard. I did manage to get up and stay up a few times though. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me, and Hannah's camera is broken, so we were unable to take any pictures.

            After surfing we headed back to the cabana to get our stuff and then we hopped on a bus to Viña. Unfortunately, I got forgotten my house key and my family was at a birthday party in Concon. So I headed to Hannah’s house for a few hours.

            When I did return home it was to find that my family was having an asado. A few of my mom’s friends came over and we ate some delicious food and had some great conversations.



Peru in Pictures



Inca Jungle Trail

While in Peru we knew we had to see Machu Picchu. Instead of simply taking a bus up to see the ancient city in one day, we decided to do the Inca Jungle Trail. This is basically a less intense version of the Inca Trail. Overall the trail lasted four days, and it was four days of non-stop fun.

Day 1: We biked for about 3 hours down a a very curvy road with absolutely amazing views. It even started raining at one pint, but that simply added to the adventure. After an amazing lunch(Peru is known for having great food, unlike Chile) we arrived at the hostel. Later that afternoon I went rafting, which was a really fun experience as well. i was able to meet many people from all over the world who were traveling to see Machu Picchu.

Day 2: We hiked for about eight hours and at the end of the hike were rewarded when we reached the hot springs of Santa Teresa. We had a fun night of bouncing on a bouncy castle, eating some more great food, and playing cards with out new international friends.

Day 3: We hiked for about five hours today along some railroad tracks. We even stopped at an ancient ceremonial spot called IntiHuatana, where we had a great view of Machu Picchu. We had lunch and had some very interesting conversations. Here are a few fun facts that I learned that day:

  •  Canada is a commonwealth
  • There is this thing called the Commonwealth Games
  • Someone who is English would cheer for Scotland or Wales in a soccer gave vs Brazil (or any other team really) but someone who is Scottish or Welsh would cheer for Brazil instead of England
  • Scotland no longer wants to be part of the UK and its independence will be voted on in 2014
  • Pants is the term used for men’s underwear in England
  • Indians are Caucasian (I actually already knew this, but I was struggling to prove it to everyone else)
  • Acne is called spots in England                         

 We arrived at the hostel later that day where we shopped around a bit, saw one awesome rainbow and ate one last great meal.

Day 4: Machu Picchu! I awoke at 4am so I would get to the bridge at 5am right when it opened. Although you can take a bus to the top, I decided to take the stairs. I was drenched in sweat by the time I reached the top, but it was totally worth it. Wilbur(our tour guide showed us around and then we all said goodbye as we all had to go our separate ways. I actually climbed Huaynapicchu mountain and ate lunch on some rocks at the very very top. All in all it was a great day, although very exhausting.



Exploring Some Inca Ruins

Thursday morning I woke up around 8 and ate breakfast with Hannah, Mel, and Maddy. Although the hostel offered free breakfast (bread), it was only 5 soles for some scrambled eggs, which is less than a dollar. I also had some tea with coca leafs which helps prevent altitude sickness. The coca leaf has been used for centuries by indigenous people in the Andean region and it is very beneficial to human health. Although we drank many cups of tea with coca leafs while in Cusco, we all still suffered a bit from the altitude.

After breakfast we began to plan our day. Hannah and I really wanted to go see some of the Inca ruins that were around Cusco. After figuring out the best way to do that, we decided it would be cheaper if we simply went ourselves. So Hannah, Maddy, Clay, and I headed to a grocery store to get some snacks. We had the hostel call a taxi and then we were on are way.

The first place we went to was called, Templo de la Luna. The taxi driver dropped us off next to field and told us to simply walk across it and we would find it. We were all wearing shorts, which turned out to be a very bad idea because it was actually pretty cold out. Luckily, we all had brought rain jackets, which would come in handy later.


When we first arrived at Templo de la Luna we had no idea what to do. Maybe getting a tour guide wouldn’t have been a bad idea after all. But there happened to be two women walking a bit behind us with a guide so we decided to wait for them and hear what their guide had to say. Before entering the temple, we had to remove our shoes, since it was a very sacred place. The Temple itself is a natural cave in which the Incans added several rock carvings. One such rock carving had been smoothed into a table and was used for sacrificial rituals. When there is a full moon the light from the moon enters the cave and illuminates this rock. It was a very strong experience being in a place that had so much significance to the Incas.

We were actually lucky enough to see a shaman perform a ritual on one of the women who had been walking behind us, which was very powerful as well. We all sat in silence in the cave for a while and just took it all in.

After exciting the Temple we decided to explore the rocks around the temple a bit. The scenery was so amazing. We could see rain clouds in the distance so we decided to keep going. We wanted to find the ruins of Guineo, but we weren’t exactly sure which way to go. We simply saw a path that looked interesting so we began walking. As we were walking we cam across a map of the trail we were on. Apparently we were on part ofThe Inca Road (called Capaq Ñan), which was an essential part of the Inca Empire. It includes and estimated 40,000 kilometers and was built for use in all kinds of weather, and intended to move people and goods across the empire.

Since it had started raining we decided to stop and have lunch. We found a little cave and enjoyed some delicious Inka Trail Bars, as well as mango juice and some Pringles. As we were eating a man walked by and commented to us, “Did you know you are in the Valley of the Monkeys, but you make it look like Valley of the Angels”, and then he kept walking.

Although it was still raining after lunch, we decided we might as well keep walking. We headed back on out onto the trail and we saw the man who had commented to us earlier. He was very friendly and asked us all where we were from. We told him we would be doing a 4 day trek to Machu Picchu and his advice was to wear pants or else the bugs would eat us alive(you’ll here more about that later). We asked him if he knew how to get to Guineo and he pointed us in the right direction and we were on our way again.

This was my first hiking experience. I know that may sounds strange, but my parents are not really into hiking and even though Landis Woods and Mount Gretna could be considered decent hiking places, everytime I go there it’s to run, not to hike. That being said, I ABSOLUETELY LOVED IT! Even though it was raining and a bit chilly, it was so much fun. Of course hiking in the mountains in Peru hardly compares to Landis Woods.

After hiking up some hills, getting lost a bit, and shouting across some hills to ask our new friend for some more directions we found Guineo.There were some really cool structures. It was mostly rocks, but many of them had been smoothed. I tried to find some information about it online, but so far I haven’t had any luck. So I don’t really know what it was used for, but it was still really impressive and it was amazing to be there.

As we headed down the road in search of Saqsaywaman, we came across a man who was selling empanadas. At first I declined since I was anxious about getting sick, but then Clay bought one, so I figured why not. We all ended up buying them and they were delicious. They also only cost about 20 cents, but I’m pretty sure we made that guys day.

I couldn’t stop looking around me as we were walking down the road. Everything was just so beautiful and I couldn’t help feeling extremely lucky to be there. I mean how many 19 year olds can say they’ve been to Peru with only their friends?

After a while we arrived at the Saqsaywaman ruins. Clay, Maddy, and Hannah decided not to go because they didn’t want to pay the entrance fee. I decided to pay it, since I figured I will never return and I don’t want to have any regrets.

Before going to Saqsaywaman we climbed a hill and went to sit beneath the Jesus Blanco, which is the protector of Cusco since the statue sits on a giant hill overlooking the entire city. It is very similar to Christ the Redeemer in Rio.


We then headed our separate ways. I began to climb the stairs up to Saqsaywaman. What amazed me was that each boulder fit together perfectly, yet no mortar was used. I walked around a bit and then sat on the top of a giant hill and simply admired the beautiful view.

As I was walking back down to the city, I passed by an old church, although I didn’t enter I admired the view from where I was standing and I even got a smile from an adorable Peruvian child.

After I arrived back at the hostel I started packing my things to leave the next day. It was a challenge. I could only bring one backpack and I didn’t want it to be too heavy since I would have to carry it with me everywhere. Fortunately, I only needed to bring some shorts and t-shirts, since Machu Picchu is located in a tropical climate.

After showering and packing we all ate dinner at the hostel. There was a decent selection. Since the Lorenzo Expeditions van was scheduled to arrive at 6:15 the next morning we all headed to bed early since we knew we would need a good night’s rest for tomorrow.


You Know You've Been in Chile Too Long When

So a few of my other friends posted this and I think it is pretty spot on, although you might not understand everything. I still think it’s pretty funny though so I decided to post this to keep you occupied while I finish blogging about Peru.

You Know You’ve Been In Chile Too Long When…

•   you never have minutes on your cell phone

•   empanadas are their own food group

•   you know better than to show up on time for anything

•   walking down the street and not getting honked at at least 5 times makes you think you’re having an ugly day

•   you know who Pinochet was

•   “mas rato” is a valid measurement of time

•    you know what a flaite is

•    you are no longer phased by the hundreds of stray dogs in the plaza, on the street, in your school…

•   you get excited when public bathrooms are free and include soap and toilet paper

•   you no longer forget to throw the toilet paper in the trashcan

•   houses with 10 foot iron gates and bars on every window seem normal to you

•   you forget what peanut butter tastes like

•   you have ever used “cachai” or “bakan” in a sentence

•   you think nothing of kissing total strangers on the cheek

•  “no cacho ni una wea” means something to you

•   bread has become your staple food, especially at almuerzo where you eat enough for 2 people

•   you have gained at least 10 pounds

•   you light the stove with a match and have to turn on the hot water heater before you take a shower

•   one word…Completo

•   you refuse to pay more than 2.000 pesos for anything, even though that is really only $4.

•   you’ve seen polictical advertisements spray painted on building walls…you just never realized it, because it blends in with the rest of the graffiti.

•  seeing two jovenes practically having sex on a park bench doesn’t even phase you.

•  you can’t imagine life without palta (avocado)

•  you show up at a party at 11:30 or midnight, and you’re the first person there.

•  you have the amazing skill to eat a completo without spilling food.

•  you know how many people actually could fit in a micro.

•  In your house there is always something that doesn’t work.

•  People say random words in english when they see you.

•  When people go chi chi chi, you automatically go le le le.

•  You are best friends with the people from a store you visit often, and the micro driver who always drops you off right in front of your house

•  you no longer think fanny packs are tacky.

•  You dont take your shoes off until you go to bed, and dont think its weird.

•  You don’t get carded to go into bars or discoteques

•  you think lunch time is 2pm and dinner time is 9:30

•  the first thing you pick up at a meal is the salt.

•  you know what jumbo, unimarc and lider are

•  you respond to the name gringo or gringa

•  going to school two days a week feels like an accomplishment.


Are we there yet?

On Tuesday, October  30th, I woke up at 4:00 am in order to do some last minute packing and shower before the CIEE van picked me up. I walked out the door at 5. Five of the other gap students traveled with me and we had arranged for the CIEE van to take us to the Santiago airport since our flight was at 8:35 and we would not have made it in time if we had to take a bus.

Although a few people were running a bit late, we made it to the airport in plenty of time, since our driver was going a bit over the speed limit. The flight was only about two and a half hours since we flew to Arica, Chile, cause that was cheaper than flying into Lima and then taking a bus to Cusco. Once we got off the plane and got all of our luggage, we headed to find a taxi. This was a bit overwhelming because people kept swarming us and asking us where we were going and if they could take us there. We also didn’t know how much it should cost and we were a bit worried about getting ripped off. Eventually we settled for what seemed like a good price and piled into two taxis, since we couldn’t fit in one. We then headed to Tacna, Peru. It was only about twenty minutes to the border. Our driver was very helpful and handed us the papers we needed to fill out. It was actually very organized, unlike when I went through customs to get into Argentina. In about twenty minutes we were on the way again. As soon as we crossed into Peru we gained two hours of travel time since Peru is two hours behind Chile. I was actually really surprised by this. The reason we were so pressed for time was because we didn’t know what time the last bus left from Arequipa to Cusco and we didn’t want to be stranded in the bus terminal overnight.

About an hour and a half later we arrived at the bus terminal in Tacna, where we were immediately swarmed by people asking us where we were going. I had been in contact with the girl who stayed with my previous host family who had traveled to Peru the same way we had and she told me it should be about 25-35 soles for a ticket. At first we were unsure who to trust, but one man offered us twenty soles for a ticket so we followed him. He even took us to exchange our Chilean pesos for Peruvian soles. The man who sold us our tickets followed us out to the bus and then asked for a tip. He actually had been very helpful, even if he was a bit pushy at first.

 We were all a little surprised by the quality of the bus. Whenever we travel to Santiago, or really anywhere further than an hour away in Chile, we travel in very nice coach buses. The seats recline almost all the way back and they are always clean. We thought we would be getting a snack since Maddy, Hannah, and I had all gotten snacks on the way to Mendoza. We were however, very wrong. The bus we boarded to take us to Arequipa was dirty and smelly. The seats were smaller than we expected, although they were still comfortable. We were on this bus for about eight hours. Luckily there was a movie playing the entire time, although the speakers were incredibly loud. We stopped several times. We drove through the dessert and at one point I’m fairly certain we were in the middle of a sand storm.

 We were all more than happy to get off the bus when we arrived in Arequipa. The first thing we did was purchase bus tickets to Cusco. They ended up costing 70 soles, but this bus was much nicer so it was worth it, and that is actually only about 25 USD anyway. Although we arrived in Arequipa around 6:30, it was already pitch black outside. This was an interesting thing about Peru. The sun was up before five and it set before 6.

We were all pretty hungry when we arrived at the terminal so as soon as we purchases tickets we set out for some food. Unfortunately, there were only several places to eat in the terminal and none of them looked very appetizing. We were also very anxious about what we could eat since no one wanted to get food poisoning. We were however able to purchase some bananas and we all got several bottles of water since no one wanted to experience altitude sickness. Arequipa is located at about 7,000 feet and Cusco is located at 11,000 ft so we knew we needed to be hydrated.

In the store where we bought bananas we meet a girl who had been traveling around for nine months. She was 29 years old and simply wanted to travel so she decided why not. I asked her what her favorite place was and she said she had loved Spain, but that she also loved many of the towns in Europe and felt that too many people decided to visit London and Paris, which were nice cities, but Europe is a lot more than that. It was exciting to hear her talk about Europe since I will be there next semester and hopefully I will get the chance to travel around a bit as well.

Mel, Hannah, and I decided to sit down on a bench and wait until it was time to leave. I nibbled on some bread I had bought. Suddenly Michelle came up to us and told us someone had stolen one of Maddy’s backpacks, the one with her really nice expensive camera in it. Apparently Maddy, Michelle, and Clay were sitting on a bench and they all had their bags around their feet. They heard something and then next minute one of Maddy’s bags was gone. Maddy told the police right away so they were on the lookout. None us really knew what to do, especially since our bus was scheduled to leave in about five minutes.

Luckily Peruvian police know what’s up. They found the men who had taken Maddy’s bag and it was returned to her, camera and all. Since are bus was scheduled to leave any minute we all ran to the bathroom one last time.  As I was coming down the stairs from the bathroom the women who had sold us our tickets motioned to me to hurry up because the bus was leaving. We all ran outside and boarded the bus just in time. All of us had seats next to each other in the back of the bus. We had purchased cama seat buses since it was about an eleven-hour ride and it was overnight. We were all pleasantly surprised to find we got dinner. It was even warm. And we were actually served by a stewardess. After dinner we all put up our footrest, reclined are seats and fell fast asleep cuddled up with the blankets and pillows we had been provided. I awoke around 5 to find the sun shining through my window. My eyes were extremely dry because of the altitude and I had a bit if a headache. Several off the others felt sick as well.

After eleven hours of driving through Peru(include a part where we drove through snow) we arrived at the terminal in Cusco. This time it was really easy to get a taxi to our hostel. In about 10 minutes we had finally arrived. Unfortunately it was about 9 in the morning, and we couldn’t check in until two. So we put our bags in storage and headed off to do some errands. 

Hike//Bike - Peru Style

Recently, 5 friends and I (all from the CIEE Chile/Spain gap group to be specific) headed to Peru for an 8 day trip. The trip included a 4 day, 3 night Inca trail expedition in the heart of Cusco, Peru. This blog entry details our first two days on the trip.




On Saturday, we scrambled out of bed at 6 and left our hostel to go to Lorenzo’s house (the event coordinator) for breakfast. I hogged the peanut butter, and we all enjoyed traditional Peruvian bread (which is a kind of softer, thinner, round bread than the typical Chilean “pan batido”) with eggs, bananas and jam. Then, we all gathered around to hear some of the plans for later, and piled in the car with 15 new friends to start the bike tour. At the top of the Mountain, El Nevado Verónica, also known as Wakaywillque, we geared up for an intense, drenching rain descending 36 mile ride to the bottom for lunch. The road we rode on was extremely safe, except for some terrifying tour busses that would swerve by and leave a cloud of gas that left you gasping for air minutes after they passed, and the occasional puddle and construction hazards that left my shoes/clothes absolutely saturated with mud and water. When I finally got to our meeting spot for lunch, I noticed everyone wringing out their shoes and walking around barefoot, the after effects of what felt like our own Hurricane Sandy. After an amazing lunch of fried broccoli, soup, and beef and rice, we headed to the hostel. We had a lazy night ahead of us, and went to bed full, and had a relaxing and restful sleep. We woke up to screams the next morning, however, when Michelle discovered that a cockroach had fallen on her head at around 5:30 in the morning. Later, the british boys Tom and Alex in our group joked that she had been a great alarm clock for the whole hostel. The day continued with a….





If a 12 hour, ascending in elevation, 80 percent humidity, 90 degree weather, mosquito infested hike sounds like fun to you, you might be a gap student.

But the hike was definitely the most rigorous I have ever done, mainly because of the extra 25 pounds due to us carrying all of our stuff with us (and I was stupid enough to pack not only my DSLR but my Canon camera as well, along with various beauty products as well.. never again). Michelle and I took the hardest parts slowly, talking and laughing about our struggles in Spanish with our Peruvian guide Steven the whole time, and at one point he took both our bags (without asking) and sprinted up the steepest, rockiest part without a word, leaving us gasping in disbelief about how out of shape we must be. The trek took us through canyons, beautiful views of the jungle interior, dry river beds, swimming holes, and up ancient Inca trails. However, I started feeling exhausted on the way to lunch. When we finally arrived at the small village where we were going to eat, my friend Clay shot me a serious look and said, “Wilbur just told me we’re skipping lunch.” My face fell, and two of my other friends started cracking up at my expression and Clay’s very unfunny joke… however, lunch revived all our spirits and we continued the hike without a problem. About ¾ of the way through the hike, we crossed a river using a very old pulley/ cable car system. It was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time, as we were 50 feet up from the churning rapids, a buzzing hornet’s nest, and a group of Peruvian men attempting to cut a stuck log with a chain saw… definitely an unforgettable experience. The happiest moment of the hike was climbing down the hill to the hot springs at Santa Maria- Michelle and I hiked our bags farther up our shoulders and ran down it in happiness, whooping and hollering the whole time. After a great swim in the natural hot springs, I caved in and bought a Coke and Reese’s (I know, how American of me..) and nearly cried from how good it tasted after all our trekking that day. We had another early night to bed in the hostel, and drifted off to sleep stuffed and content.




Gap Bloggers

  • Eva - Gap Year Abroad in Japan
  • Eamon - Gap Year Abroad in Spain
  • Sage - Gap Year Abroad in China
  • Kira - Gap Year Abroad in France
  • Smith - Gap Year Abroad in Chile
  • Maddy - Gap Year Abroad in Japan
  • Hannah - Gap Year Abroad in Italy
  • Chloe - Gap Year Abroad in Chile